Ahh, a Resume
A little about me
I am an energetic, enthusiastic character and throw myself into projects with full commitment, I take pride in my ability to learn anything quickly, and have a natural lean towards mathematics and programming. That said, I am also a practical person. My skill and proficiency in climbing, sailing, surfing and many other outdoor activities demonstrate this. Throughout my time at university I demonstrated my leadership skill, built upon this grounding at Lazy Susan and have continued this progression at Consortiq. Most of all I am eager to work on projects where my abilities and characteristics will make a difference.
Full Stack Developer - Consortiq (June 2018 - Present)
- UI/UX Design and optimization.
- Introduced tracking across all web apps.
- Created automated on-boarding scripts for new clients.
- Re-designed mission creation UI/UX with a target of 15 minute reduction in creation time.
- Communicated with clients to develop new features for the product.
- Workflow optimisation within the CQNet web app.
- Communicated breaking API changes with external development partners.
- Integrated multiple API's into the CQNet system.
- Worked with partners to deliver new product demo's to tight deadlines.
- Headed communications between internal, external and partner development teams.
- Championed company code review process.
- Ownership of team stand-up process.
- Assisted in the design for a new platform architecture.
- Wrote internal and external release notes.
- Optimised release process.
- Design and track new features.
- Followed company design principles.
- Engage regularly with upper management to steer product pipelines and discuss potential new products.
- Track errors, bugs and issues using Sentry.io
- Adapted a Wordpress design to create CQNet.io
- Completed the theoretical side of Consortiq's UAQ qualification.
- I can also make tea / coffee to each team members taste.
Operations and Merchandising Data Analyst - Lazy Susan (June 2017 - Present)
- Reported to upper management on marketplace performance to define and drive the business strategy.
- Financial forecasting to track against KPI’s and define budgets.
- Created a vast array of analytical dashboards and toolkits to analyse sales, stock and advertising performance.
- Analysed previous sales data to create the purchase orders for the 2018 sales season.
- Communicated with multiple foreign suppliers to create purchase orders, organise container shipment schedules and all other aspects of shipping logistics.
- Designed and implemented UI improvements in the form of “colour swatches” for the main three Lazy Susan websites. (Since surpassed due to new website design)
- Worked with, and managed, two digital marketing agencies, to optimise ad spend and create new digital marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Took the lead on software research projects and spoke on behalf of Lazy Susan to multiple development agencies to scope and specify projects.
- Provided training to members of staff on a range of technical solutions.
- Implemented product data feeds from the Magento CMS to external service providers and platforms.
- Automated live stock and sales dashboards as well as weekly stock and sales price tracking using Google Apps Scripts.
- Automated weather forecast data extractions using Google Apps Scripts and the DarkSky API.
President - Southampton University Mountaineering Club (2015-16)
- Managed, supervised and was responsible for the continual running and administration of the club.
- Managed and worked in conjunction with the other eleven committee members to maintain high levels of club activity and membership engagement.
- Assisted the treasurer in pricing structure changes to ensure future financial viability.
- As the principal face of the club, I took care to welcome new members, through speaking and organising events such as; the Fresher’s Presentation, the AGM and created the climbing varsity competition.